Professor, Неаd of Сybersecurity Department, Institute of telecommunications and global information space, National Academy of Science of Ukraine
Serves as an editorial board member for several journals I’ve authored nearly 250 publications in peer-reviewed journals, 2 books, 3 monographs, h-index = 13 (Scopus); h-index = 21 (Google Scholar), Erdo's number – 2.
Fellowship of British Academy for Researchers at Risk 2022 (supported by University of London (Royal Holloway)).
SCOPUS ID: 16647651500
• 1993 – Dr. Sci. Mathematics (Habilitation), Kyiv State University, Department of Algebra and Mathematical Logic, Dissertation Title: Tits geometries. Association schemes and Permutation groups
• 1979 - PhD. Mathematics. Kyiv State University, Department of Algebra and Mathematical Logic Dissertation Title: Induced maximal permutation groups, Thesis Advisor: Professor Lev Kaluzhnin (Kiev)
• 1976 Master Diploma in Mathematics, Kiev University, Thesis title: Transitive extensions of permutation groups, Thesis Advisors: Professor Lev Kaluzhnin (Kyiv) (Thesis got a 1-st award •in the contest of Ministry of Education of Ukraine, 1976)
HISTORY OF EMPLOYMENT
• 2011 – date Head of Cybersecurity Department, Institute of telecommunications and Global Information Space (ITGIS), National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine, Member of Scientific Board.
• 2006 – 2011 Head Researcher of Cybersecurity Department, Institute of telecommunications and Global Information Space, National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine, Member of Scientific Board.
• 2003 – 2006 Professor of Department of Computer Science, National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy, Ukraine, Member of University Senate.
• 1997 – 2002 Head of Department of Mathematics, National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy, Ukraine, Member of University Senate.
• 1994 – 1997 Full Professor, Department of Algebra and Mathematical Logic, Kyiv State University (KSU), Ukraine.
• 1988 – 1994 Associate Professor, Department of Algebra and Mathematical Logic, Kiev State University, Ukraine.
• 1984 – 1984 Assistant Professor, Department of Algebra and Mathematical Logic, Kiev State University, Ukraine.
• 1980 – 1984 Seniour Researcher, Kiev State University, Ukraine, Supervisor of group of researchers working in Applications of Mathematics.
• 1979 – 1980 Junior Researcher, Kiev State University, Ukraine, Principal Investigator of joint project “Computer Algebra, Permutation groups and their applications” funded by KSU and Institute of Cybernetics and supervised by Prof. L. Kaluznin.
•1977 – 1979 Engeneer-Mathematician, Kiev Institute of Hydrodevices, Ukraine. Development of algorithms and software for Image Processing and Hydrolocation search.
RESEARCH EXPERTISE: Permutation groups, Algebraic Combinatorics, Multivariate cryptography, Noncommutative Cryptography, Coding Theory.
1. V. Ustimenko, On new symbolic key exchange protocols and cryptosystems based on hidden tame homomorphism, Dopovidi. NAS of Ukraine, 2018, n 10, pp. 26-36. DOI: 10.15407/dopovidi2018.10.026
2. V. Ustimenko, M. Klisowski, On Noncommutative Cryptography with cubical multivariate maps of predictable density, In “Intelligent Computing’’ , Proceedings of the 2019 Computing Conference, London, Volume 2, Part of Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC, volume 99, pp, 654-674.DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-22868-2_47
3. V. Ustimenko, U. Romanczuk-Polubiec, A. Wroblewska, M. Polak, E. Zhupa, On the constructions of new symmetric ciphers based on non-bijective multivariate maps of prescribed degree, Security and Communication Networks, Wiley-Hindavi, 2019 . Volume 2019, Article ID 2137561, 15 pages
4. V. Ustimenko, On small world non-Sunada twins and cellular Voronoi diagrams, Algebra and Discrete Mathematics, vol. 30, No1 (2020). Pp 118-142.DOI: 10.12958/adm1343
5. V. Ustimenko, On desynchronised multivariate algorithms of El Gamal type for stable semigroups of affine Cremona group, Theoretical and Applied Cybersecurity, National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kiev Polytechnic Institute", vol 1, 2019, pp. 22-30. DOI:10.20535/tacs.2664-29132019.1.169022
6. V.Ustimenko, On the usage of postquantum protocols defined in terms of transformation semi-groups and their homomorphisma, Theoretical and Applied Cybersecurity, National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kiev Polytechnic Institute", vol 2, 2020, pp. 32-44. DOI: 10.20535/tacs.2664-29132020.1.209435
7. O.Pustovit, V. Ustimenko, A new stream algovolrithms generating sensitive digests of digital documents, Mathematical modelling in economy, 2019, N3, P. 18-33.