Oleksandr М. Trofymchuk
Ukrainian scientist in the field of mechanics and informatics, doctor of technical sciences (2000), professor (2005), corresponding member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2012), laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology (2005), laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of of Education (2017), Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine (2015), Director of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of NASU.
Vernadsky Library Profile
Education and scientific degrees
1977 — Graduated from the Ukrainian Institute of Water Management Engineers, hydraulic engineering faculty
1982 — Defended his candidate's thesis
1999 — Defended his doctoral thesis on the topic "Dynamics of porous elastic and elastoplastic soils saturated with liquid"
Graduate student (1977—1980), junior researcher (1980—1984), senior researcher (1984—1998) at the Institute of Hydromechanics of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR.
1998—2004 — Deputy director for scientific work, acting director of the Ukrainian Institute for Environmental and Resource Research under the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (2003—2004)
2004-2015 — Deputy director for scientific work of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
2016 — Director of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Has more than 500 scientific works, prepared personally and in co-authorship.
He is a member of the editorial boards of a number of magazines and collections.
O. M. Trofymchuk conducts extensive pedagogical work. Created a scientific school for information technologies and mathematical modeling in geoecology, trained 11 doctors (O.S. Voloshkina, 2004, S.A. Vasylenko, 2007, D.V. Stefanyshyn, 2010, O.A. Savitskyi, 2012, V. I. Mokryi, 2013, V. M. Trysnyuk, 2016, P. S. Vengerskyi, 2017, V. O. Vasyanin, 2017, O. V. Nesterenko, 2020, O. M. Terentyev, 2021, K. Kh. Zelenskyi, 2021) and 15 candidates of sciences, currently supervises the work of a number of postgraduate and doctoral students.
Since 2002, he has been a part-time professor at Kyiv National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture.
Trained 11 doctors and 15 candidates of sciences.
He is a member of two specialized scientific councils for obtaining the scientific degree of Doctor of Sciences.
Scientific and social activity
Is a member of:
- The rational nature management section of the Committee for State Awards of Ukraine in the field of science and technology,
- National Committee of Ukraine on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics,
- International Landslide Consortium,
- Active member of the Academy of Construction of Ukraine.
2005 — As a member of the author's team, he was awarded the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology for the work "Solving the problems of rational nature management using methods of aerospace sounding of the Earth and modeling of geodynamic processes".
2015 — Awarded the honorary title "Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine".
2017 — As part of the author's team, he was awarded the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of education for the scientific work "Scientific and educational portal Taras Hryhorovych Shevchenko".
2020 — Order "For Merit" III degree.
Awarded with honorary diplomas of the Cabinet of Ministers and the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2005), the award named after V. S. Mykhalevych of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2015), the medal "For sacrifice and love for Ukraine" (2015) and the Order of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker (2016) of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
- Trofymchuk, O., Lebid, O., Berchun, V., Berchun, Y., Kaliukh, I. (2022). Ukraine’s Cultural Heritage Objects Within Landslide Hazardous Sites. In: Vayas, I., Mazzolani, F.M. (eds) Protection of Historical Constructions. PROHITECH 2021. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 209. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-90788-4_73 (Scopus)
- Anpilova, Y., Yakovliev, Y., Trofymchuk, O., Myrontsov, M., Karpenko, O. (2022). Environmental Hazards of the Donbas Hydrosphere at the Final Stage of the Coal Mines Flooding. In: Zaporozhets, A. (eds) Systems, Decision and Control in Energy III. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, vol 399. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-87675-3_19 (Scopus)
- Myrontsov, M., Karpenko, O., Trofymchuk, O., Dovgyi, S., Anpilova, Y. (2022). Iterative Solution of the Inverse Problem of Resistivity Logging of Oil and Gas Wells: Testing and Examples. In: Zaporozhets, A. (eds) Systems, Decision and Control in Energy III. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, vol 399. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-87675-3_11 (Scopus)
- Azimov, O.T., Rogozhin, O.G., Trofymchuk, O.M., Khrushchov, D.P. Geoinformation support for the management of the localization objects of municipal solid waste 20th International Conference Geoinformatics: Theoretical and Applied Aspects, 2021 https://doi.org/10.3997/2214-4609.20215521169 (Scopus)
- Kaliukh, I., Trofymchuk, O. & Lebid, O. Numerical Solution of Two-Point Static Problems for Distributed Extended Systems by Means of the Nelder–Mead Method. Cybern Syst Anal 55, 616–624 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10559-019-00170-3 (Scopus)