Oleksandr M. Terentiev
Dr. of Eng. Sci., Lead Researcher at Department of Applied Informatics,
Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space
Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space,
03186, Kyiv 186, Chokolivsky boulevard, 13.
Phone: +38 066-995-05-35
Leading researcher (full time), Department of Applied Informatics at Institute of telecommunications and global information space, since 2021.
Associate Professor (part-time), Department of Mathematical Methods of System Analysis at the National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, since 2018.
2019–2021. Doctor. of Engineering Sciences (Dr. of Eng. Sci.), Information Technologies. Institute of telecommunications and global information space. The title of Dr. of Eng. Sci. thesis was "Models, methods and information technologies of forecasting nonlinear nonstationary processes in conditions of uncertainty". It was protected on 27 April 2021. Number of Dr. of Eng. Sci. diploma DD № 011805, report № 735, 29.06.2021
2003–2006. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Information Technologies, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”. Institute for applied system analysis. The title of PhD thesis was "Models and methods for design and analysis of Bayesian networks for Data Mining". It was protected on 18 May 2009. Number of PhD diploma ДK № 054308, report № 30-08/3.
1997–2003. Master of Science (MS), Applied Mathematics. National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”. Institute for applied system analysis. Master's degree with distinction in applied mathematics, specializing in “Social Informatics”. Diploma's number is KB № 22771362.
Department of Mathematical Methods of System Analysis at the National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (Kyiv):
- September 2018 – present. Associate Professor (part-time),
- September 2012 – June 2018. Senior lecturer (part-time),
- September 2006 – June 2012. Assistant professor (part-time),
Department of Mechanics and Mathematics at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Kyiv):
- February 2020 – June 2020. Associate Professor (part-time, hourly pay),
Department of Economics, Information Systems and Technologies and Mathematical Disciplines at the European University (Uman Branch):
- September 2016 – June 2017. Associate Professor (part-time, hourly pay),
Department of Informatics and Information and Communication Technologies at the Uman State Pedagogical University named after Pavel Tychyna (Uman):
- September 2018 – June 2019. Associate Professor (part-time, hourly pay),
- September 2017 – June 2018. Senior lecturer (part-time, hourly pay),
- C programming;
- Pascal programming;
- SAS Base programming;
- Numerical Methods;
- Analysis of time series;
- Applied statistics;
- Bayesian networks and decision trees;
- Web mining;
- Introduction to data mining;
- Tools and technologies of text processing;
- SAS tools and technologies;
- Applied analytics using the SAS Enterprise Miner system.
Institute of telecommunications and global information space (Kyiv):
- September 2021 – present. Leading researcher (full time) at the Department of Applied Informatics.
- September 2019 – August 2021. Senior Research Scientist (part time) at the Department of Applied Informatics.
- February 2019 – August 2019. Senior Research Scientist (full time) at the Department of Information and Communication Technologies.
National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”. Educational-Scientific Complex Institute for Applied System Analysis (ESC IASA), Department of Mathematical Methods of System Analysis (MMSA):
- January 2010 – January 2019. Junior researcher (full time).
- November 2006 – December 2009. Engineer of the 1st category (full time).
Participation in research projects
- Development of a qualitative-quantitative method of situational analysis based on Bayesian networks: the final report on research work № state registration 0103U000528 (01.01.2003 – 31.12 .2005) / [P. I. Bidyuk, O.M Terentiev, L.O Korshevnyuk and others]. – 2007. – 179 p.
- Development of methods for analysis, forecasting and diagnostics of processes with uncertainties based on Bayesian theory: the final report on research work № state registration 0106U000246 (01.01.2006 – 31.12 .2008) / [P. I. Bidyuk, OM Terentiev, N.V. Kuznetsova and others]. – 2008. – 175 p.
- Construction of a decision support system based on the theory of Bayesian networks for modeling the behavior of complex systems: a final report on research work № state registration 0109U000300 (01.01.2009 – 31.12 .2010) / [P. I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, A.V. Fedorov and others]. – 2010. – 201 p.
- Development and implementation of methods of data mining using Bayesian network theory and regression analysis: the final report on research work № state registration 0111U001241 (01.01.2011 – 31.12 .2012) / [P. I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, N.V. Kuznetsova and others]. – 2012. – 282 p.
- Development of information technology for modeling and assessment of financial and economic risks taking into account uncertainties of different nature (based on Bayesian models): final report on research work № state registration 0113U000650 (01.01.2013 – 31.12 .2014) / [ P. I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, Yu.M. Celin and others]. – 2014. – 173 p.
- Development of a methodology for system analysis, modeling and assessment of financial risks: a final report on research work № state registration 0115U000356 (01.01.2015 – 31.12 .2016) / [P. I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, S.V. Trukhan and others]. – 2016. – 224 p.
- Design of modern service systems on the example of a mobile medical system for residents of frontline areas in the ATO zone: research work № state registration 0117U002435 (01.01.2017 – 31.12.2019) / [A.I. Petrenko. P.I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev and others]. – 2019. – 220 с.
- Bidyuk PI Intellectual analysis of poorly structured data using Bayesian networks: report on the results of the grant work NTUU "KPI" grant № 3/5-GR, 2006-2007. / [П. I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, L.O. Korshevnyuk. – 2007. – 85 p.
- Pankratova N.D. Development of software and hardware, concept and methodology of information and analytical system "Electronic Parliament", number of project № 2261-11, 2013. / N.D. Pankratova, P.I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev and others].
- NATO grant SPS NUKR.SFPP G4877 “Modeling and Mitigation of Public Response to Catastrophes and Terrorism”, [N.D. Pankratova, P.I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, Yu.M. Celin and others]. 2015 – 2018.
- R&D “Information technologies of satellite monitoring in ERA-PLANET tasks” the first stage of implementation of the target program of NAS of Ukraine “Aerospace environmental observations in the interests of sustainable development and security as a national segment of Horizon-2020 ERA-PLANET” project [N.D. Pankratova, P.I. Bidyuk, O.M. Terentiev, Yu.M. Celin and others]. from 01.09.2018 to 31.12.2018.
- Development of information technologies and tools for modeling and forecasting the development of territories in terms of decentralization. State registration number 0121U109211 (2021-2023 V.M. Vasyanin).
- Development of information technology for modeling and forecasting the development of socio-ecological and economic systems in conditions of uncertainty, non-stationarity and risk. State registration number 0120U000000 (2020-2021 – O.M. Тrofymchuk).
2008 – 2018. Reviewer or the materials of the international conference "Systems Analysis and Information Technology", and the organizer of the 4th section of the conference "Progressive Information Technologies" (http://sait.kpi.ua/2018).
2015 – 2018. Organizer of the competition of scientific works for students and teachers "SAS Institute Ukraine" (http://mmsa.kpi.ua/trainings/contents-sas-ua).
Other work experience
July 2003 – November 2003 (full time). The manager at the support department at the IT Company “R-Style Ukraine”.
September-December 2011 (contract work). Analyst at the VAB Bank. Building the scoring models of cross / up-sell sales of banking products, outflow and retention, segmentation of the customers.
July-August 2012 (contract work), Analyst at online purchasing service company Pokupon. Building the analytical model for sales increasing.
November-December 2012 (contract work). Analyst at the Credit Collection company CCG (Credit Collection Group). Building the analytical models for debtor scoring.
February - March 2013 (contract work), Analyst at BIT Bank. Building the credit scoring models and automation of marketing companies.
July 2013 (contract work), Analyst at UkrSibBank Bank. Building the analytical models for forecasting the level of cash withdrawals at ATMs.
August 2013 (contract work), Analyst at the consulting company “Prospects Ukraine”. Building the analytical models of sales of associative goods for a pharmacy network.
May-August 2015 (contract work). Analyst at IT company IntroPro (Ukraine). Development of algorithms and mathematical models for the recommendation system of user video content.
December 2015 - December 2018 (contract work). Analyst at IT company Giraff LLC. Building an analytical system based on adaptive methods of short-term forecasting and neural networks, for forecasting the exchange rate of crypto-assets (BTC, NEO, OMG and others) on crypto-exchanges (Binance and Huobi).
In the period from May 1, 2012 to March 31, 2018 (contract work). I worked as Manager of the SAS Global Academic Program in Ukraine for SAS Institute LLC (Ukrainian office). Involvement of the best technical universities of Ukraine in cooperation with SAS Company. Integrate the SAS software to the educational process, organizing the training for teachers and students. Participated in the preparation of commercial proposals for the SAS customers. Integration of the SAS system on the customer’s side. The development training for customer’s employees and development of business-analytical models. Have got an experience of cooperation with: VaBank (2011-2012), Platinum Bank (2012), UkrSib Bank (2012), Pravex Bank (2012), BIT Bank (2013), UkrGasBank (2013), OTP Bank (2013-2014), Privat Bank (2014), credit collection companies CCG (2012) and Verdict (2013), Pokupon (2012), Shell Ukraine (2014), insurance company Aska (2016), DTEK (2018), Donbasenergo (2018), analytical service of Ministry of Internal Affairs (2012), National Anti-Corruption Bureau (2017-2018).
September 2014 to the present. I have been working as a coacher of the SAS Base programming language for IT companies (Intego Group and Quartesian). Teaching biostatistics specialists for clinical trials.
2019 to the present. Consulting of FinTech companies in the field of development of automated trading systems for crypto-exchanges.
SAS certified specialist. I have got international certificates in the business analytics "SAS certified predictive modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner 6" (August 22, 2011), "SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst Using SAS 9: Regression and Modeling" (December 24, 2019), and international programming certificates “SAS certified Base programmer for SAS 9” (December 15, 2015), “SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9” (March 5, 2019), “SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programmer Using SAS 9” (September 13, 2019), “SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming Using SAS 9.4” (December 22, 2020).
Ukrainian and Russian – fluently.
English – upper intermediate.
IELTS certificate in English General Training 6 points (June 8, 2013).
- 7 articles and 3 conferences from Scopus;
- 3 books;
- 5 monographs;
- 30 articles in Ukrainian and international scientific journals
- 50 conference theses;
- co-author of 1 patent for a useful device and 5 author’s certificates for computer programs.
List of main publications
- О. М. Тrofymchuk, P. І. Bidyuk, Т. І. Prosyankina-Zharova, О. М. Тerentiev. Decision Support Systems for Modeling, Forecasting and Risk Estimation (Monograph). – LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2019. – 176 p. – ISBN-13: 978-3-659-61214-5. – ISBN-10: 3659612146. – EAN: 9783659612145. – https://www.morebooks.shop/store/gb/book/decision-support-systems-for-modeling,-forecasting-and-risk-estimation/isbn/978-3-659-61214-5
- Prosyankina-Zharova T.I., Terentiev O.M., Bidyuk P.I. and Makukha M.P. Features of SAS Enterprise Guide for probabilistic modeling system, macroeconomic analysis and forecasting // Journal of Mathematics and System Science. – NY: David Publishing Company, USA, 2016. – 112-122 p. – ISSN 2159-5291, USA. – doi: 10.17265/2159-5291/2016.03.003
- I. Bidyuk, S.P. Overmyer, T.I. Prosyankina-Zharova, O.M. Terentiev. Methodology of modeling and forecasting nonlinear processes in finances // Наукові вісті НТУУ “КПІ”. – №1. – К.: НТУУ “КПІ” ВПІ ВПК “Політехніка”, 2018. – 15-25 c. – ISSN 1810-0546. – DOI: 10.20535/1810-0546.2018.1.120361
- Bidyuk P. Adaptive modelling for forecasting economic and financial risks under uncertainty in terms of the economic crisis and social threats / P. Bidyuk, T. Prosyankina-Zharova, O. Terentiev, M. Medvedeva // Технологічний аудит і резерви виробництва. – №4. – Харків: Полтав. держ. аграр. акад., ПП "Технологічний центр", 2018. – С. 24-36.
- Bidiuk P.I., Prosiankina-Zharova T.I., Terentieev O.M., Lakhno V.A., Zhmud O.V. Intellectual technologies and decision support systems for the control of the economic and financial processes // Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. – Islamabad, JATIT & LLS, Pakistan, 2019.– Vol. 96. – No. 1. – 71-87 p. – ISSN: 1992-8645, E-ISSN: 1817-3195. – http://www.jatit.org/volumes/Vol97No1/7Vol97No1.pdf
- Bidiuk P.I., Korshevnyuk L.O., Gozhyi A.P., Kalinina I.O., Prosiankina-Zharova T.I., Terentieev O.M. Modeling and forecasting financial and economic processes with decision support system // KPI Science News. – – No 5-6. – 7-17 c. – ISSN 2617-5509. – DOI: 10.20535/kpi-sn.2019.5-6.176835
- TerentievM., Prosiankina-Zharova T.I., Lahno V.A., Usatiuk Y.V. The features of the predictive computing modeling power system load in terms of reforming energy market // Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. – Islamabad, JATIT & LLS, Pakistan, 2020.– Vol. 98. – No. 02. – 163-182 p. – ISSN: 1992-8645, E-ISSN: 1817-3195. – http://www.jatit.org/volumes/Vol98No2/1Vol98No2.pdf
- Terentiev O.M., Prosiankina-Zharova T.I., Savastiyanov V.V., Lahno V.A., Kolmakova V.A. The Features of Building a Portfolio of Trading Strategies Using the SAS OPTMODEL Procedure // Computation. – Switzerland, 2021, 9(7), 77. – https://doi.org/10.3390/computation9070077 – https://www.mdpi.com/2079-3197/9/7/77