Mustafa G. Mustafayev
Doctor of Agricultural Science,
Assistant Professor of the Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan Republic
1981 – graduated from the Faculty of "Hydro-Reclamation" of the Azerbaijan Institute of Civil Engineering and was sent to work in the laboratory "Soil Reclamation" of the Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the NAS of Azerbaijan as a senior engineer
1992 – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences (specialty of soil science)
2007 – Assistant Professor of the Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan Republic
Since 2011 – Head of the laboratory "Soil Reclamation" at the Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan
2017 – Doctor of Agricultural Sciences (specialty of soil science)
2021–2023: Vice President of the Federation of Eurasian Soil Science Societies
2004–2006. Took an active part in the courses on the topic "The role of biomelioration in improving saline soils in Central Asia and Transcaucasia" in Tashkent and made a report on "Salinity of soils in Azerbaijan and ways to improve them".
2008–2009. Took part in the course training on increasing soil fertility, studying erosion processes and ways to improve these territories in Poland.
2018 – Took part in the course training on efficient use of Water Resources in the cities of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Tashkent and Samarkand) increasing soil fertility and obtaining high productivity.
- The research carried out in this direction is of high practical and economic value and is also environmentally efficient. Based on the research conducted by M.G.Mustafayev, the regime and timing of optimal irrigation of cotton and grain crops of Shirvan, the Kura-Araks lowland and the Mugano-Salyan plain were established. For the first time, a map (scale 1:200000) of soil degradation and salinization of the Mugano-Salyan massif has been compiled on the basis of the conducted studies. The map shows the degree of degradation, the content of salts, the type of salts, their distribution areas and the improvement of these territories (2008-2011).
Member of the Methodological Council, Scientific Council and Doctoral Dissertation Council - D.01.041, Chairman of the Scientific Council for the Protection of Agrocenoses and Ecosystems (2019-2020).
Established under the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences in 2021 – Deputy Chairman of the Problem Council on Biological, Agrarian and Medical Sciences.
Supervisor of 5 doctoral students (including 3 doctoral students from Kazakhstan). Member of the Dissertation Council for the defense of doctoral dissertations 8D081- Plant growing (specialty - 6D080100 - Agronomy) of Kyzylorda State University.
Member of the editorial board of the journals:
- Soil science and agrochemistry (Kazakhstan)
- Environmental safety and environmental management (Ukraine)
- Soil science and agrochemistry (Baku).
2010 – International Soil Science Congress on “Management of Natural Resources to Sustain Soil Health and Quality, Turkey.
2012 – The International scientific conference “Soils of Azerbaijan: genesis, geography, melioration, rational use and ecology”, The Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, Azerbaijan.
2017 – VII International scientific and technical conference “Modern problems of water management, environmental protection, architecture and construction”, Georgia.
2020 – V International Agrotechnological Summit “Innovative development of the agro-industrial complex in the context of economic globalization”, Kazakhstan.
2021 – Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan, NJSC “Kazakh National Agrarian University, International Scientific Conference “Water resources management in the context of globalization”, Kazakhstan.
2022 – European academy of sciences and research.
2022 – International Winter School «Auezov University-2022», New trends in the development of land and water cadaster, Kazakhstan.
Total publications: 157
- Book chapter: 2
- Short introduction: 1
- Conference proceedings: 56
- Abstract in Conference proceedings: 67
- Book: 10
- Edited book: 3
- Patent: 1
- Map: 2
- Methods of indication: 2
Citations = 173
h-index = 7
ilO-index = 5
- Natural factors That can create danger for that part of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline passing through the Azerbaijan Republic and intending measures for preservation, Baku, 2012,112 p.
- The practice of recultivation of polluted lands (With co-authors, Ryazan, 2012,754 p.)
- Restoration of soil fertility in Sabirabad district, remaining under mudflow waters (M.Babaev, N.Orujeva, U.Gojaev, E.Kurbanov), Baku, NPM, "Tahsil", 2013, 118 p.
- Reclamation state of saline soils of the Mugano-Salyan massif, 2014. (LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany)
- Innovative techniques in the technology of cultivation of fine-fiber cotton (from the authors, Ryazan-Baku, 2018)
- Monitoring of the worked peat soils of the Ryazan Meschera. (Ryazan–Baku, "MSV NƏŞR"OOO, 2019.196 p. (Musaev F.A., Borychev S.N., etc.)
- The current state of the soils of the Mughan-Salyan massif and the scientific basis for their improvement (Baku, "MSV NƏŞR"OOO, 2019, 329 p).
- Agrochemical analysis and soil improvement
Patent for the invention - Method of development of saline sierozem-meadow lands of the central part of Azerbaijan (Mazhaisky Yury Anatolyevich, Mustafayev Mustafa Gylman oglu, No. 2621551, 2017-2036)