Iurii I. Kaliukh
Doctor of Engineering, Professor, Chief Researcher of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (ITGIS NASU)
Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space,
03186, Kyiv 186, Chokolivsky boulevard, 13
Doctor of Engineering, Application of computers, mathematical modelling and mathematical methods in scientific investigations, Institute of hydromechanics of the NASU, Kyiv, 1994
Ph.D., Mechanics of deformed (solid body, liquids, gas and plasma), Institute of hydromechanics of the NASU, 1988
Ms. Sci. with Highest Honours, Mechanics, Dnipropetrovsk State University, 1982
2022 - present: Chief Researcher of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (ITGIS NASU).
2016 - 2022: Deputy Manager of Department of the SRIBC (main).
2008 - 2022: Leading researcher of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (ITGIS NASU) (part time).
2003 - 2016: Head of laboratory of the Monitoring and System Analysis of Building Constructions, Leading researcher of the SRIBC (main).
1998 - 2015: Leading researcher of the Institute for Applied Systems Analysis of the National Technical University of Ukraine «KPI» (IASA NTUU «KPI») (part time).
2003 - 2007: Leading researcher of the Institute of Geology Science NASU (IGS NASU) (part time).
1997 - 2003: Head of department, Leading researcher of the Ukrainian Academy of Public Administration of the President of Ukraine (UAPA, main)).
1982 - 1997: Leading researcher, senior researcher, researcher, young researcher, senior engineer, engineer of the Institute of Hydromechanics of the NASU (IH NASU, main).
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS, FELLOWSHIPS:
2016 Certificate ICL under UNESCO guide.
2012 Diploma of honour of the Minister of Construction of the Ukraine Blizniuka A.M.
2010 Diploma of honour of the Local Administration of Solomyanskii District, Kyiv.
2008 Diploma of honour of the SRIBC, Kyiv.
2003 Regional Scholar of the Regional Scholar Exchange Program, USA.
2002 Diploma of honour of the UAPA, Kyiv.
2000 Environmental Science and Policy, CRC Sessions in Central European University, Hungary.
1999 Training on Integrated Coastal Management in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, Turkey.
1994 One year fellowship of the President of Ukraine for best young scientists, IH NASU.
1986 Diploma of honour of the IH NASU, Kyiv.
PATENTS, PROGRAM CODE:
2011 Patent High-efficiency horizontal drainage, UA № 65749, E02B 3/00, 12.12.2011 (co-authors: Onischuk V., Shuminski D.)
2008 Program code "Program code simulation of the stress-strain state in a landslide under change engineering-geological conditions: flooding, earthquakes, and engineering preparation of territories" (LANDSLIP07) // State Department of Intellectual Property, 18.11.2008, № 26501. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., Glebchuk G.)
2009 - present Member of the International Consortium of Landslide.
2007 - present Member of International Society of Soil Mechanic and Geotechnical Engineering.
2015 - present, SRIBC: Analyze the existing Object “Shelter” structures state monitoring system and develop proposals for its optimization for 2015-2016 (before NSC Arch sliding) using; define the required scope of geodetic observations and develop Engineering-geodetic work program to observe Object “Shelter” settlements and deformations for 2015-2016 (before NSC Arch sliding); develop proposals on the scope and structures monitoring system of the Object “Shelter” for the period after NSC Arch sliding including definition of the necessity to perform geodetic observations and preparation of recommendations for instrumental observations.
2010 - present, ITGIS NASU: Vice-manager of the ICL projects: "Landslide hazard zonation of Carpathian region of Ukraine using GIS", "Landslide protection structures and their development in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine", "Landslide hazard zonation in Kharkiv region of Ukraine using GIS".
2005 - 2013, SRIBC: Chief of the projects "Work orders and task number 4" service contracts Engineer-Client 002SIP and SIP09-2-001 for scientific and technical support and geodetic monitoring observations of subsidence and deformation of the object "Shelter" and the deaerator stack.
2004 - 2008, SRIBC: Deputy project manager for development of the state program of seismic safety of Ukraine. Project manager for development of the state program of technological safety of Ukraine (construction division).
2003 - 2015, SRIBC: Stress-strain state (SSS) landslides, risk-analysis of landslide initiation using probability theory, direct dynamic calculation of landslides. SSS of retaining walls, experimental investigations of their technical condition, design and calculations. A hardware and software complex for monitoring landslides, retaining walls and building constructions. Development of state programs and construction standards for protection of territories and mitigation of landslide hazards.
2003 - 2007, IGS NASU: Project manager responsible for the creation construction divisions "Landslides" and "Seaside" of the information-analytical system of Emergencies of the Cabinet of Ministry of Ukraine.
1998 - 2012, Centre for Scientific and Technical Services "Inzhzhyst" (Yalta): Project manager responsible for the creation ", installation and maintenance of hardware and software monitoring system of the Central Livadia landslide system and building constructions of the Livadia Palace.
1998 - 2015, IASA NTUU «KPI»: Project manager of several projects investigations of landslide hazards, creation of application methods for its estimation and prediction on the basis of risk analysis and probability theory.
1994 - 1996, World Laboratory: Project manager responsible for the creation, installation and operation of the hardware and software monitoring system of building constructions south and north of the mines of ventilation of the destroyed 4 Unit of the Chernobyl nuclear power station.
1992 - 1997, IH NASU: Head of projects on mathematical modeling of landslides and litodynamic of the coastline of the Black Sea.
1982 - 1991, IH NASU: Head, Project Manager, Manager of research projects under Ministry of Defense of the USSR (Navy) on the development of underwater systems for detection and destruction of submarines.
Some main publications (Total of scientific publications – more than 200):
- Manual on the development and design of monitoring systems for complex technical systems and building objects (in Russian) – Kiev: SE RIBC, 2004. – 46 p. (co-authors: Kadilnikova T.M.).
- Modern information and analytical systems for decision-making support and provide stable area development (in Russian). -Kiev: Society “Knowledge”, 2000 - 32 p. (co-authors: Dydarenko A., Gykovski Y., etc.).
- Experimental and theoretical diagnostics of defects in ferroconcrete piles based on reflection of longitudinal and transverse waves (in English) // fib 2017 Symposium 12-14 June 2017 at the MECC in Maastricht. (co-authors: Berchun I., еtс.) - in publication.
- Mitigation of landslide hazards in Ukraine under the guidance of ICL: 2009–2016 (IPL 153&191) 4th World Landslide Forum, Ljubljana Slovenia EU, 29 May-2 June, 2017. – [s.l. : s.n.], 2017. (co-authors: Berchun I., еtс.) - in publication.
- Landslide stabilization in building practice: methodology and case study from Autonomic Republic of Crimea // 4th World Landslide Forum, Ljubljana Slovenia EU, 29 May-2 June, 2017. – [s.l. : s.n.], 2017. (co-authors: Berchun I., еtс.) - in publication.
- Monitoring of construction objects: DSTU-N B V.1.2-17:2016. – [entry into building practice 2017-04-01]. - К.: Minregionbud, 2016. (co-authors: Berchun I., еtс.) – (in publication)
- TXT-tool System approach for monitoring of World Heritage sites placed on the active landslides: the monitoring and early warning system of the Livadia Palace building constructions placed on the active Central Livadia Landslide system, Ukraine // [Online], 2017. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., еtс.) - in publication.
- Experimental and theoretical assessment of structural health of existing reinforced concrete retaining walls under low frequency dynamic loading // fib Symposium 2016, 21 – 23 November 2016, Cape Town, South Africa. (co-authors: Kaliukh T., еtс.) - in publication.
- Regional Features of the Carpathian region landslides in Ukraine // IPL Symposium, Kyoto, 8-11 March, 2016. - [s.l. : s.n.], – P.30. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., еtс.)
- Arrangement of deep foundation pit in restricted conditions of city build-up in landslide territory with considering of seismic loads of 8 points (in English) // Proceedings XVI ECSMGE - 535-540. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., еtс.)
- Construction in seismic regions of Ukraine: DBN V.1.1-12:2013. (in Ukrainian) – [entry into building practice 2014-10-01]. - К.: Minregionbud, 2014. – 118 p. – (Normative document of the Minregіonbud of Ukraine). (co-authors: Nemchinov Iu., еtс.)
- Use Accelerogram of Real Earthquakes in the Evaluation of the Stress-Strain State of Landslide Slopes in Seismically Active Regions of Ukraine (in English) // Engineering Geology for Society and Territory – Volume Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014. – p 1343-1346. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., еtс.)
- Experimental and theoretical assessment of residual service life for the reinforced concrete residential buildings under systematical acting low earthquakes due to industrial explosions (in English) // Fib Congress Mumbai 2014. - vol. II.- P.651-653. (co-authors: Senatorov V., Dunin V., еtс.)
- Experimentally-analytical researches of the technical state of reinforce-concrete constructions for defense from landslide’s pressure in seismic regions of Ukraine (in English) // Fib Symposium Tel-Aviv 2013. - P.625-628. (co-authors: Senatorov V., еtс.)
- Geotechnical problems of diagnosis, monitoring, calculation and engineering protection of hazards landslides and retaining walls in earthquake-prone regions of Ukraine. Experience of the State Enterprise "State Research Institute of Building Structures" for the last 5 years. (in Ukrainian) // Svit geotechnics. - 2013, № 4 (40). - P. 25-35. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., Yakovlev E., etc.)
- Experimental and analytical studies of landslides in the south of Ukraine under the action of natural seismic impacts (in English)// Earthquake-Induced Landslides. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Earthquake-Induced Landslides, Kiryu, Japan, 2012. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013. – P.883-890. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., etc.)
- Mathematical and GIS-modelling of landslides in Kharkov region of Ukraine (in English) // Landslide Science and Practice.Volume Spatial Analysis and Modelling. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013. – p 347-352. (co-authors: Trofymchuk O., etc.)
- Using space mapping for analysis of landslide hazards (the Kharkiv region example) (in Ukrainian) // Collection of research articles of the Poltava National Building. - 2012. – №. 4 (34). - vol. 1. – P. 276 - 284. – (Series: branch of engineering, construction) (co-authors: Trofymchuk O.).
- Organization of engineering protection of territories and objects from dangerous geological processes (in Ukrainian) // Svit geotechnics. - 2009, № 1. - P. 22-26. (co-author: Demchishin M.).
- Past, present and future monitoring systems in Ukraine. Theoretical and methodological analysis (in Russian) // Svit geotehnі - 2008, № 4. - P. 7-17. (co-authors: Nemchinov I., Khavkin O., etc.).
- Evaluation of strain state of the building structures of the object "Shelter" by the geodatabase information (in Russian) // Proceedings of the Tauride National University, vol. 20(59), № 1, - Geography series, Simferopol, 2007. - P. 126-132. (co-authors: Nemchinov I., Khavkin O.).
- Methodological principles of departmental information-analytical system of Ukraine Ministry of Construction for prediction and elimination disaster situations (in Ukrainian) // Collection of research articles "Building construction". – 2006, № – P.474-479. (co-authors: Demchishin M., Rijgii M.).
- Measuring and information system "real time" analysis of the landslide pressure on bases and foundations (in Russian) // Collection of research articles "Building construction". – 2004, №. 61, vol. 2. – P.261 - 265. (co-authors: Avrutova I., Gykovski Y., etc.).
- Application of modern information technologies, mathematical methods and measure instruments for registration and forecasting evolution of the process in the dangerous areas (in Russian). - Kiev: Society “Knowledge”, 1999. - 64 p.
- A hardware and software complex “Kuyalnik” for monitoring of environmental and geological conditions in Kuyalnik estuary and underwater deposit of medical mud in the resort “Kuyalnik” (in Russian) // Materials of the international conference “Engineering protection of the territories and objects in connection with the development of dangerous geological processes ” - Yalta.-1999. - 1 p. (co-authors: Norenko N.).
- Actual problems of local authorities in forecasting and monitoring of the territories and objects under the action of dangerous processes (in Ukrainian) // The Bulletin of the Ukrainian Academy of Public Administration /Office of the President of Ukraine. - 1999, No. 2. - P. 241 - 246.
- Natural risk management - important task for the local and central public authorities (in Ukrainian) // The Bulletin of the Ukrainian Academy of Public Administration /Office of the President of Ukraine. - 1999, No. 1. - P. 265 - 273.
- Monitoring of building constructions of the 4th block of the Chernobyl Atomic Power Station (in Ukrainian) // Political Calendar: Information-analytical overview.- K .: Institute of post-communist society. - 1997.
- The theoretical concepts and practical realization of monitoring of building constructions of the 4 Block of the Chernobyl Atomic Power Station (in Russian) // International conference “III Szkola Geomechaniki”. – Gliwice, Poland - 1997.